As consumers increasingly become media changers – moving between online and offline media – it is often difficult for marketers to reach them with their messages. To solve that challenge, many marketers are turning to crossmedia communications.
- 51% of us prefer to use a combination of both email and mail
- 65% like to browse through both catalogues and online before making a purchase
Statistics prove cross media success:
- 13% more customers visited sender’s website
- 21% more customers made a purchase
- 35% more customers redeemed coupons or vouchers compared to using email only
This type of marketing helps you to reach customers no matter where they are. For example, you can create a crossmedia campaign that uses print, email, and a personalized URL. The campaign begins by sending an email to your target audience. The email can direct them to a personalized website that has information and a special offer just for them. If the recipient does not respond to the email, you can have a printed direct mail piece sent to them via the mail. That printed piece can also direct the recipient to call you or visit a personalized URL.
To make your cross media campaigns most effective, include personalized elements. This helps your message stand out no matter what channels you use. And, though you are using different channels, your message and design should all be similar in each channel you utilize.