Once again, the locr team was unable to gather in Germany for our annual meeting and Christmas celebration. Like so many of you, the locr team will miss the opportunity to celebrate and connect in person.
But while we are not able to gather or experience the magic of the Christmas Market, we can still find time to connect over Zoom with a glass of Glühwein!
You can too. Here is our special recipe for White Glühwein:
White mulled wine
You need this for about a quart of white mulled wine:
- 1 quart of white wine, e.g. Pinot Gris
- 2 shot glasses of brown rum
- 2 organic lemons
- 2 organic oranges
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 4 pieces star anise
- 4 very thin slices of ginger or half a teaspoon of ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons white rock candy
- Wash the oranges and lemons, then cut them in half and squeeze the juice from half of both fruits and put them into a large pot. Cut the other half of the fruits into slices and add them as well.
- Add the wine together with the other ingredients like spices, sugar, rum and ginger to the squeezed fruit juice in the pot. Heat it up while stirring slowly. The wine must never boil, otherwise the alcohol will be lost!
- Pour the heated and finished mulled wine through a sieve now and serve in cups with one slice of orange each.
- Sip the mulled wine – attention, it‘s hot! – and enjoy the feeling of Weihnachtsmarkt in your home!